What is hospice care?
Hospice care is a special way of caring for patients with a predicted life expectancy of six months or less, regardless of the illness. To be eligible for hospice the patient’s prognosis must be certified by two physicians and the patient can no longer be seeking treatment for a cure.
The Hospice Family Care team includes physicians, nurses, social workers, hospice aides, chaplains and volunteers who serve our patients and their families in the comfort of their home, apartment, independent living residence, nursing home, assisted living facility or our inpatient hospice facility. They are specially trained and experienced in delivering care for you and your loved ones.
Comprehensive and unique services
In addition to providing the most comprehensive end-of-life care in the region for adults and children, Hospice Family Care also offers The Caring House bereavement program for children who have lost loved ones. This special program has supported hundreds of children over the years in our community.
In November of 2017, in partnership with Huntsville Hospital, we opened Madison County’s first Inpatient Hospice Facility.
Why Hospice Family Care?
Every patient and family that we serve receives a customized plan of care that addresses their medical, emotional, spiritual and social needs. Our care plans are delivered cooperatively and compassionately to your loved one and to your family.
- RN’s, on call 24/7 some of whom are CHPN® certified
- Local on call registered nurses 24/7
- Service to Madison County & close surrounding areas which enables us to have a quick response rate
- No patient is denied service based on ability to pay
- Certificate of need for: Madison, Marshall, Morgan, Limestone, & Jackson Counties (by zip codes)
- A clinical staff with more than 200 years of Hospice experience
- We are governed by a volunteer, advisory Board of Directors who reports to the Health Care Authority
- The Caring House – a grief bereavement program for children in our area.
- Madison County's only hospice inpatient facility
- We are a teaching hospice, training UAB, Calhoun, Oakwood, and UAH, medical & nursing students
- End of life educators throughout the community, to include the medical professionals
- Click to view Choosing a Quality Hospice adapted from NHPCO.