Care for them. Comfort for you.
It takes a physical and mental toll on primary caregivers providing long-term support for their loved ones touched by illness or disease. We understand the sacrifices made to care for those you love; that’s why our team at Hospice Family Care is dedicated to provide specialized, coordinated care of medical, psychological and spiritual needs. Our team includes a physician medical director, the patient’s primary care physician, hospice nurses, social workers, aides, chaplains and trained volunteers who serve our patients and their families in the comfort of their home, apartment, independent living residence, nursing home, assisted living facility or our inpatient hospice facility. We are specially trained and experienced in delivering care for you and your loved ones.
Our team provides three types of inpatient medical care:
- Eligible patients can have inpatient hospice services around-the-clock that are designed for medical management of symptoms that cannot be administered in the nursing home, assisted living facility or a private residence. The goal of inpatient hospice care is to stabilize the symptoms and have your loved one return home with the necessary comfort care.
- Adult Respite Care is also offered for eligible patients in the Hospice Family Care inpatient facility. This provides 24-hour, medical management for patients at a time when their caregivers need a break from the responsibility of daily care.
- Our new room and board option is available for hospice-appropriate patients.
Outpatient hospice care is our primary service and is available in nursing homes, assisted living facilities and private residences.
Our Hospice Care includes:
- A clinical staff with more than 200 years of combined hospice experience
- Physician medical director trained in end-of-life care
- Registered nurses certified in hospice care and on-call 24/7
- Certified hospice aides trained in personal care for the terminally ill
- Spiritual support
- And, more
If you or a loved one is thinking about hospice care, we are available at (256) 650-1212 to answer any question you may have.